The Church of England Safeguarding Children Policy ‘Protecting all God’s Children’, has as its first principle: “We are committed to the Safeguarding, care and nurture of the children within our church community”.
Within its Safeguarding Adults Policy ‘Promoting a Safe Church’, The Church of England’s first principle is: “We are committed to the respectful pastoral ministry of all adults within the church community”.
The Diocese of Truro wholeheartedly endorses these principles and wishes to provide support, advice and information to all those in its parishes who give of their time – both paid and voluntarily – to work with vulnerable adults and children.
The Safeguarding Team is here to offer support and advice.
- Cathy Sigrist 01752 842323
Parish safeguarding co-ordinators
- St Stephen’s: Len Maddock 01752 651855
- St Nicholas & St Faith: Bruce Evans 01752 844141
- Landrake: Kathy Poltz 01752 851726
- Botus Fleming: Pam Piper 01579 351399
Sarah Acraman, Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor
- 01872 274351 or out of hours please contact 01208 251300 for an urgent safeguarding response from Social Care.
- [email protected]
- Sarah Acraman, Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor, Church House, Woodlands Court, Truro Business Park, Threemilestone, Truro, TR4 9NH
- Mandy Wells, Diocesan Safeguarding Trainer, Church House, Woodlands Court, Truro Business Park, Threemilestone, Truro, TR4 9NH [email protected]
- Nigel Druce, Independent Chair of the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisory Panel, contact via Rosey Sanders on 01872 274351 or [email protected]
Click on this link: NSPCC to find really accessible advice and guidance on many issues which affect young people today.